Do your contacts already live somewhere else? PERFECT! You can export and import them into Ving to make sharing a ving quick and easy.
Importing contacts has gotten even easier! There are just a few simple rules and the rest is up to you. So here they are!
1. You have to have a header row.
It does not matter what order but you need to label each column. You can even have multiple columns named the same thing.
For example you could have: First Name - Last Name - Email - Email - Email - Phone.
Here are the header examples that we import.
Name, Email, Phone, Label, Job Title, Start Date, Separation Date, and Internal ID.
* We are looking for the above words. So for example, if you have a column first name (Tony) and a column last name (Stark) and a company name column (Stark Industries) in Ving it would appear as - Tony Stark Stark Industries.
* If you have a column that you do not want to be imported you can either delete them or name them something that does not include one of the above header examples. All columns that do not include one of the above examples will be ignored.
* If you import a separation date the contact will be archived and marked as do not contact.
* Importing an empty column with a header will remove any information that had previously been imported. For example if you want to remove all phone numbers you can give a column a header of phone and then leave it empty for all the people whom you want to remove their phone numbers.
2. You can import multiple file types.
Your file needs to be saved as a .csv, .xlsx, or .tsv.
3. We automatically deduplicate your contact book based on the email address or phone number.
Now that you know the rules you are ready for the steps.
1. Click the contact icon in the upper left corner. This is the icon between the house and the folder.
2. Click the up arrow next to the + Contact button.
3. Then you can drag and drop your file or click browse to locate your file on your computer.
4. Once you have selected your file click the upload button.
5. If you have successfully imported your file you will see a green bar that says "Contacts successfully uploaded." If you have not successfully imported your file there will be a red error bar that will tell you what you did wrong. After you fix your errors you can re-import your file and then you will see the green bar. From here you can click done or import another.
International numbers will need a + before the number.