If your viewers say they are not receiving your vings, try the following steps:
1. From your homepage, select the ving in question. On your dashboard, you can see a list of people whom you invited to view your ving. If an invitation were unable to be delivered for any reason (invalid email, a full inbox, etc.), it would show as undelivered.
2. Check the spelling of each email to make sure there are not any typos.
For example, email@example.com may be a valid email — but if you are trying to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org, Karen may never get your ving because of that little typo!
3. After checking for bounces and typos, if your contact still doesn't see your ving, have them check their SPAM folder. They or their email provider may have accidentally marked ving as spam.
We can reassure you that we use SendGrid (a popular, trusted service used by Spotify, Uber, Airbnb, and more) to send our ving invitations.
Unfortunately, we have no control around why and when an email provider marks a ving SPAM. Here are some best practices to address potential issues:
- You can reach out to your IT department and see if they can do anything to make sure that your email server is nothing flagging things coming from email@example.com.
- You can ask contacts to add firstname.lastname@example.org and your email address to their address books, just to make sure your emails and vings don't get lost in the future.
- If the viewer is using Gmail as their email provider, ask them to check their other tabs like the Promotions Tab.
- Ask your contacts to add ving to their Safe Sender List.
- Most email service providers have a Safe Sender list, which you can use to ensure that vings do not get stuck in the Spam folders. Here's how you can do it in the most popular email clients:
- On the Home tab, click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options.
- On the Safe Senders tab, check the Automatically add people I email to the Safe Senders List box.
- Sign in to Outlook Web App. For help, see Getting started in Outlook Web App.
- At the top of the page, select Settings > Mail.
- Under Options, select Block or allow.
- To add an entry to Safe senders and recipients, enter the email address or domain that you want to mark as safe in the Enter a sender or domain here text box, and then press Enter or select the Add icon next to the text box.
- (Optional) Select the Trust email from my Contacts check box to treat email from any address in your contacts folders as safe.
- Select Save to save your changes.
- Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner and choose Settings.
- Click the Filters tab and select Create a New Filter.
- Enter email@example.com in the space provided next to From.
- Click Next Step.
- Check the box that says Never Send It To Spam, and click Create Filter.